Oil industry leader Petron Corporation recently announced that it has received important product approvals for its engine oils from the American Petroleum Institute (API) and various original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Petron Rev-X Premium Multi-grade engine oil is designed to surpass the demanding performance requirements of modern diesel engines including off-road vehicles, and can also be used for engines with exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) as well as turbo-charged and supercharged diesel engines. In recognition of its world-class quality, it recently received the following certifications:
1. API CI-4/SL Certification. The American Petroleum Institute – Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System (API-EOLCS) has granted permission for the use of the API Service Certification mark for Petron Rev-X Premium Multi-grade engine oil. This certifies that the product meets the stringent requirements of API CI-4/SL for modern, high-speed diesel engines, including off-road vehicles.
2. MTU Category 2 Approval. MTU Friedrichshafen GmbH, the world’s leading manufacturer of large diesel engines, has granted Category 2 approval for Petron Rev-X Premium Multi-grade engine oil, which is valid for use in all MTU engines (except Series 8000), as well as DDC engine series 2000/4000.
Volvo VDS 3 Approval. This qualifies Petron Rev-X Multi-grade engine oil as suitable for the most severe operating conditions and required specifications of Volvo diesel engines, including D12D and D9A Volvo truck engines.
3. Mack EO-N Approval. Petron Rev-X Multi-grade engine oil also has approval for Mack’s truck engines requiring Mack EO-N quality level.
4. Renault VI RLD-2 Approval. Petron Rev-X Multi-grade engine oil is also approved for Renault truck engines requiring Renault VI RLD-2 quality level.
5. At the same time, Petron Ultron Premium Multi-grade engine oil, which is formulated to meet the high performance requirement of most modern gasoline engine oils, also received permission to use the American Petroleum Institute (API) Service Certification mark. This certifies that Petron Ultron Premium Multi-grade engine oil meets the stringent requirements of API SL for gasoline engines in current and earlier passenger cars, sport utility vehicles, vans, and light-duty trucks.
Petron Corporation is the largest oil refining and marketing company in the country. It operates an integrated crude oil refinery and petrochemicals complex that processes crude oil into a full range of petroleum products. In addition, Petron runs a lube oil blending plant that produces engine oils and greases. The company exports various petroleum and non-fuel products to Asia-Pacific countries such as Japan, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Pakistan, and even the United Arab Emirates.